Male Hair Transplant
Male Hair Transplant
Male hair transplant is a surgical procedure used to help men experiencing hair loss regain their hair. Hair transplantation is one of the most common solutions among men with often permanent hair loss. The procedure is based on taking hair follicles from the scalp and then transplanting them to areas with balding or sparse hair. Since hair transplantation uses the patient’s own hair follicles, the risk of body rejection is almost non-existent and long-term results are achieved.
What are the Hair Transplantation Techniques?
FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction – Hair Transplantation Technique
FUE is the process of removing and transplanting individual hair follicles from the scalp. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and follicles are usually taken from the nape of the neck or other parts of the body. The FUE technique does not leave a linear stitch scar and provides a faster recovery time.
DHI: Direct Hair Implantation – Hair Transplantation Technique
DHI is a method in which follicles are removed using a special tool and planted one by one in the area to be transplanted. DHI technique can reduce recovery time as there is no need to puncture the scalp during the hair transplantation process.
Robotic Hair Restoration Hair Transplantation Technique
Some hair transplant clinics automate hair transplantation using robotic systems. These robotic systems increase the efficiency of the procedure by allowing more precise removal of hair follicles and placement for transplantation.
Each hair transplant technology and techniques can be preferred depending on the person’s degree of hair loss, scalp condition and expectations. It is important to have a detailed consultation with a specialist hair transplant doctor before the hair transplant procedure. Additionally, proper post-procedure care and following the healing process are critical to achieving successful results.
How to Do Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure performed to help people with hair loss regain their hair. It is usually done under local anesthesia and the basic steps are as follows:
- Before the hair transplantation procedure, a detailed evaluation is made by a specialist hair transplantation doctor. The most appropriate technique is determined by taking into account the degree of hair loss, the condition of the scalp and the patient’s expectations.
- For hair transplantation, the donor area from which follicles will be taken from the scalp is determined. The donor area is usually the nape area, because the hair in this area is generally not affected by genetic shedding.
- Before the procedure begins, the donor area and the hair transplantation area to be removed are anesthetized with local anesthesia, so patients do not feel pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- If the FUE technique is used, the doctor removes individual hair follicles from the scalp with a special micromotor or manual tools. If the FUT technique is preferred, a strip of scalp is cut and follicle groups are removed from this strip.
- The extracted hair follicles are prepared one by one under special microscopes. Follicles are separated according to the area to be transplanted. The hair transplant specialist transplants the prepared hair follicles to areas with balding or sparse hair. If the DHI technique is used, follicles are transplanted directly to the transplantation area with a special tool.
- After the procedure, the transplanted areas can be covered with a bandage. The healing process is followed in accordance with the care instructions recommended by the specialist. During this process, the transplanted hair falls out, but new hair grows over time and permanent results are seen.
Hair transplantation is a simple surgical procedure that can usually take a few hours and is usually discharged the same day. However, the duration may vary depending on the patient’s characteristics and the amount of hair transplantation.
Regular follow-up checks are important after the hair transplantation procedure, and the healing process in the post-procedure period is affected by the patient’s hair care and healthy lifestyle.
Which Technique Gives the Best Results in Hair Transplantation?
Several factors should be taken into consideration to determine the technique that gives the best results in hair transplantation. Since each individual’s hair structure, degree of hair loss and scalp condition are different, the most appropriate technique may vary according to personal preferences and needs. However, generally FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction and DHI: Direct Hair Implantation techniques are among the most common and preferred techniques.
FUE Hair Transplantation Technique
FUE is one of the most commonly used and accepted methods in hair transplantation. In this technique, hair follicles are individually removed from the scalp and transplanted to the area to be transplanted. The FUE technique does not leave a linear stitch scar and the post-procedure recovery process may be faster. Additionally, it can be applied precisely by hair transplant specialists to achieve natural-looking results.
DHI Hair Transplantation Technique
DHI is a technique in which hair follicles are extracted individually using a special tool and transplanted directly to the transplantation area. This technique is considered less invasive as there is no need to puncture the scalp during the hair transplantation process. Additionally, since less time passes when follicles are transplanted, the time the follicles are exposed to external influences decreases and the success rate may increase.
To get the best results, an experienced hair transplant specialist who manages the hair transplant process will evaluate the patient’s scalp and hair loss status and determine the most appropriate technique and method. Additionally, the patient’s compliance with the post-hair transplantation care instructions may also affect the quality of the results.