Laminate Veneer or Porcelain Lamina are thin, specially designed porcelain veneers used for aesthetic purposes in dentistry. These coatings are applied to the front surface of the teeth and are used for purposes such as improving the aesthetic appearance, making color and shape corrections, and removing cracks or discoloration.
What are the advantages of Laminate Veneers?
Laminate Veneer Offers Aesthetic Appearance
Laminate veneers provide a natural and aesthetic appearance because they are specially bonded to the front surface of the teeth. It helps to achieve a beautiful smile by adapting to the tooth color.
Laminate Veneer Provides Color and Shape Corrections in Teeth
Laminate veneers can be used to correct the color or shape of teeth. Effective results can be achieved especially on stained or decayed teeth.
Laminate Veneer Causes Minimal Tooth Tissue Loss
Since it is applied by keeping dental tissue to a minimum, it helps protect the healthy areas of the teeth.
Laminate Veneer Gives Fast Results
Laminate veneers can usually be completed within a few visits and provide rapid results.
Laminate Veneer is Durable
Since porcelain is a durable material, laminate veneers can last for a long time and provide color durability.
Laminate Veneer Offers Easy Maintenance
Laminate veneers can be easily maintained with regular tooth brushing and dentist check-ups.
At Which Stages Is Laminate Veneer Applied?
- The dentist evaluates the patient’s needs, examines the condition of the teeth and creates the appropriate treatment plan.
- A very thin amount of tissue is removed from the front surface of the teeth. This helps ensure proper placement of the laminate veneer on the tooth.
- Measurements of the teeth are taken and specially designed veneers are prepared in the laboratory.
- Temporary coatings may be applied until laboratory work is completed.
- Laminate veneers are bonded to the teeth by the dentist using special adhesives.
- After the veneers are placed, final checks are made and adjustments are made if necessary.
Before laminate veneer application, it is important to discuss your treatment expectations and the suitability of your teeth with your dentist. You need to consult a dentist to determine the best treatment plan for each patient.